Who I am
- I am a 30-years-old IT specialist, working mostly with natural language processing.
- I am from Russia, but now I am living in Paris.
- I have a full time job, and I do not want to change it. But I may be open to side projects, if they are interesting and ethical.
- I oppose the Russian military aggression and support the independence and territorial integrity of Ukraine.
- I support the anti-war and liberation movements in Russian federation with donations, and I may take part in volunteering work for them.
What I do
- I work in FAIR (Facebook AI Research) on the machine translation project No Language Left Behind.
- As side projects, I develop NLP tools and applications such as:
- The first neural machine translation system for the Erzya language (paper, blog post in Russian, code)
- A framework for creating chat bots in Python Dialogic
- A package for compressing FastText models compress-fasttext
- Neural network models for Russian language, such as tiny BERT and Russian T5 in the Huggingface repository
- Skills for the Alice voice assistant dialogic.digital
- I teach applied mathematics and data analysis, in particular:
- A course on Probability and Statistics for Data Scientists in the Tel Aviv school of Data Analysis (Y-DATA).
- An introduction to Data Science for Products and other managers, a course by MIPT and MathsHub
- Ad-hoc lectures on correct problem statements for data science, natural language processing, basics of mathematical modelling, and other interesting topics.
What I did before
I worked in the NLP lab at Skoltech university as a research developer
taught robots to swear dirtyworked on problems of text style transfer
- E.g. this paper was accepted at EMNLP
- I took part in developing the Alice voice assistant by Yandex:
- Helped creating and improving new scenarios for the Yandex.Station smart speaker
- Boosted the quality and usability of the intent classifier
- Fixed a great deal of bugs (and created some new ones)
- I worked as an analyst in
Yandex Data Factory
- Helped our clients from manufacturing industries to apply AI for improvement of their production processes
- For example, I helped the Chelpipe plant to harden the pipes faster, without deterioraton in their quality
- I helped to manage retail credit risks at Alfa Bank
- Developed new models for forecasting credit losses
- Supported and improved the strategy of issuing credit cards.
- Optimized the algorithm of calling debtors
- Blogposts on Habr (ru) and on Medium (en)
- Google Scholar
- Some of my NLP models on Huggingface
- My CV
- Channels and chats in Telegram
- An outdated LiveJournal profile
- Youtube recodings:
- My experience building a multiskill voice assistant
- About named entity recognition in Alice (in Russian)
- Basics of feature engineering (in Russian)
- Матчасть 2016: 30 hours of introductory lectures about applied maths and data analysis
Что я делал раньше
- Разрабатывал Яндекс.Алису:
- Помогал создавать и улучшать новые сценарии для Яндекс.Станции
- Прокачивал классификатор интентов
- Фиксил баги и создавал новые
- Работал аналитиком в Yandex Data Factory
- Помогал нашим клиентам из промышленности применять ИИ для оптимизации процессов
- Например, помог ЧТПЗ быстрее закаливать трубы, не ухудшая их качество.
- Работал в Управлении розничных рисков в Альфа-Банке
- Строил новые модели для прогнозирования кредитных потерь
- Поддерживал и улучшал стратегию выдачи кредитных карт
- Оптимизировал алгоритм обзвона должников